The estate extends over the north side of Montalcino for 400 hectares, 13 of which are vineyards. At the center stands the Castle, built in 1441 by the Tricerchi family. The construction constituted an important bastion for the pilgrims who went to Rome along the Via Francigena, now is the headquarters of the Brunello di Montalcino production.
The hill below the Castle is caressed by the vineyards mantle which are divided into 7 plots, the Vigna del Velo (from the name of the overlying aristocratic chapel dedicated to the Virgin of the Veil), the Vigna del Castello, of Sant’Anna, del Lago, dei Cipressi, of the Piano and the New Vineyard.
The winery stands where in the 15th century the Tricerchi family decided to be the best place. In the “secret” of the Castle, in fact, the temperature is almost stable throughout the year, thanks to the mighty walls and the underlying and overlying air chambers.We produce Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Rosso di Montalcino DOC, Iuli’o IGP Toscana.
tell about us